Friday, April 26, 2013

Tenley - First Dentist Appointment

My girl had her first dentist appointment this weekend.  Don't let your pediatrician mislead you.  We were told her first dental appointment wasn't needed until she was 3 or 4.  I did a little research online and found a few different pediatric dentists that actually state your child should be brought in when their first teeth come through.  I was really happy I did.  They were able to clean her teeth (quickly, mind you...) :) and dug out some calcium build up (white stuff that gets stuck on your teeth, same as we get as adults).  I was really surprised because Dave and I really work hard to be proactive with her teeth.  So much so that even after she's done "brushing" we pin her and brush her teeth really good and we do so twice a day.
 
So, my advice, make an appointment soon for your toddler!  The pediatric dentist mentioned that most times if you wait til they are 3 or 4, the cavities have already formed and not much you can do at that point.
 
I gotta say, I think I was dreading it more than her.  She cried, yes, but once she was done she was all smiles.  The hygenist and dentist both said she has a really great personality. 
 
Love my peanut!
 


1 comment: